Event Detail More Events
Foundations in Effective Marketing Writing
A two-day workshop delivering hands-on help to raise the impact of your marketing writing
- May 8 – May 9
- One Prudential Plaza
You face three challenges as a marketing writer:
The messages you craft need to: 1) be extremely clear, 2) instantly engage, and 3) make the most of many formats, from tweets to blogs to white papers.
For most writers, consistently meeting these challenges can be difficult. The AMA Foundations in Effective Marketing Writing Training Series event is a two-day workshop where you’ll get hands-on help to significantly raise the impact of your marketing writing.
What You'll Learn
Throughout the two days, you’ll learn, discuss, and practice what makes for excellence in marketing writing. Individually, you will assess your writing skills and create a customized action plan for continued progress in your writing.
Day 1 Covers:
- Making your writing more concise, clear, and compelling
- Empowering and streamlining your writing process
- Crafting attention-grabbing headlines, titles, and subject lines
- Making the most of the first 20 words
- Weaving words and images so they pop together
- Writing in 2-3 exercises that focus where you can improve
Day 2 Covers:
- Major writing exercise: crafting two marketing pieces as part of a unified campaign
- Honing editing skills: short sentences, effective word choices, ease of reading, etc.
- Grammar and punctuation rules for marketing writing vs. business writing
- Enhancing proofreading skills
- Creating an action plan for continued improvement